The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_js - Line: 101 - File: global.php(953) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(953) : eval()'d code 101 errorHandler->error
/global.php 953 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 107 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 107 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 109 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 109 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $bam_announcements - Line: 111 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 111 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_modal - Line: 79 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1449 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1449 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1404 fetch_forum_permissions
/printthread.php 76 forum_permissions
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

RichieAllen.co.uk Forum
Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - Printable Version

+- RichieAllen.co.uk Forum (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk)
+-- Forum: RichieAllen.co.uk (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Front Page posts (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! (/showthread.php?tid=123)

Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - Front Page Posts - 02-13-2018

Comment on Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One!. Post away!

RE: Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - Steve - 02-13-2018

The best thing to do if you’re applying for a new job would be to deactivate (not delete) your social media accounts- Twitter, Facebook etc. That way, potential employers would be unable to snoop or spy on individuals or jump to the wrong conclusions.

With current employers it’s trickier but the only answer would be to stop using FB/Twitter altogether, not an easy thing to do in this day and age.

RE: Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - Charlotte4711 - 02-13-2018

How do people know who you are on twitter?!
Unless you put your full name?

I deleted Facebook... waste of my life! Twitter not much better but at least I ca post my true opinion without knowledge of people who know me from work!!! Lol

You have these sorts of contracts in the health care industry already & have done for years! When a profession are regulated by a professional body they set a ‘code of conduct’ which you have to adhere to... basically that you abide by the law & dont bring the profession into disrepute!
We were told to not post personal things on FB & beware of ‘Dancing on tables’ in pubs incase we are photographed doing so!!! Lol
I do agree with it to a degree... I wouldn’t like to think of my surgeon out at a Swingers party & snorting coke Saturday night and then performing my operation Monday morning!! I might lose respect for him! But on the other hand he is only human and it’s none of my business what he does in his spare time! It’s a fine balance!

Also I think it’s depends what profession you’re in... I couldn’t give a stuff what you did at the weekend if you work at Tesco and you’re pushing my shopping over a scanner because it’s not life threatening!

RE: Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - Steve - 02-13-2018

The last paragraph of the article is telling - algorithms used are flawed meaning that innocent people could end up unfairly treated or punished as false positives are applied. It seems that the more sophisticated technology becomes, the less freedom and liberty we have.

RE: Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - RobTheThinker - 02-16-2018

No one questions one blindingly obvious fact. We have laws in this country.

When a company creates it's own laws, and demands that employees abide by them, they are doing nothing more than creating their own version of Sharia Law, and running their own version of a mosque. Restrictions on personal freedom, contravention of Article 19 United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, huge peer pressure, criminalisation without evidence, and punishment of their choice without a court. They tell you how to dress, what to say, and when and where you can move.

If something is not illegal outside of the workplace, it is not illegal inside the workplace.

RE: Moral Contracts. The Chances Are, Your Next Employer Will Require You To Sign One! - Charlotte4711 - 02-16-2018

Excellent observation... pretty much what Richie says a lot of the time! We have laws to protect people from harassment, stalking, sexual harassment, assault, slander, terrorism etc etc... we have all these laws already!