RichieAllen.co.uk Forum

Full Version: Do you ever feel like a salmon swimming against the current in this present world?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Facebook asks me what’s on my mind? each time I can be bothered, to look at it. Well here it is and some of it could get me banned from Facebook. During a recent trip to visit our Church brethren in the Philippines, the question of same sex marriage was raised. I began my answer with; none of us sitting here came to the earth biologically as the result of a same sex union. I went on to say that I find it interesting that same sex couples, of both sexes have one member appearing to playing the part of the male and one playing a female role in the relationship. The conclusion I came too, is that male and female parents are the natural order, ordained by our creator.  This scripture appears to highlight this principle. Rom 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:  Rom 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet. During the recent Israel Folau debate, so called supporters of free speech would begin their comment with ‘though I don’t agree with what Israel said (virtue signalling to the herd) I agree with his right to free speech’. My understanding is that the offending tweet Israel was sacked for, contained some of his own input but in the main he quoted scripture. It seems then that people’s offense in the end is with God’s word. I know by these comments, I have forfeited my right to ever play rugby for Australia or work for Qantas it seems. Apparently there are now as many genders as sand on the sea shore but there are still only two biological sexes to choose from. In fact that choice it seems is made for us initially by God before birth. I can’t help but think back to those 1970’s movie’s about a future where all of humanity dressed in gender neutral clothes because there were no genders and all of the children were produced in test tubes. Perhaps that future is fast approaching and is no longer science fiction anymore. Another thing that’s on my mind is the apparent epidemic of racism. In my opinion, the true definition of a racist is someone who feels compelled to bring race into every discussion or debate. I was listening to a debate between a black man and his white opponent about you guessed it, about racial equality in America. The black man invited the white man to a ‘Black Baptist Church’ the white man’s reply was that he would be happy to go. My first thought was why it is a black Baptist Church in the first place. For that matter why are there Greek, Romanian, and Korean etc. Pentecostal Churches, in Australia. There are also Churches that are ‘inclusive’ of same sex marriage etc. Just to sum up all of these topics in one scripture.  Rom 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God.  We all have to be born again and change to enter the Kingdom of God. Just to assist Facebook the key words I have mentioned are Israel, same sex marriage, gender and racist.