The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_js - Line: 101 - File: global.php(953) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(953) : eval()'d code 101 errorHandler->error
/global.php 953 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 107 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 107 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 109 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 109 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $bam_announcements - Line: 111 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 111 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_modal - Line: 79 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

RichieAllen.co.uk Forum
Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - Printable Version

+- RichieAllen.co.uk Forum (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Music (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums (/showthread.php?tid=13)

Pages: 1 2

Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - ScottW - 01-23-2018

Hello guys.

I thought I would be the first to post in this section.

Isn't it wonderful when you rediscover albums that you haven't heard for a while.

I've just started a job that involves a bit of a drive and have unearthed a couple of gems that I had forgotten about.

It might sound a bit unfashionable but Achtung Baby and Zooropa by U2 are really doing it for me at the moment. There is something about those sonic sounds as the sun starts to come up.

Also listening to a bit of Lloyd Cole, Psychedlic Furs and The Cry of Love album by Jimi Hendrix.

Feel free to suggest any other good driving albums guys.

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - Ian - 01-24-2018

i rediscoverd the album tourist by Athlete .Give it a try folks

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - The Red Sheep - 01-24-2018

KLF - The White Room

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - nick - 01-24-2018

creedence clearwater revival  bayou country

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - ScottW - 01-25-2018

Some good albums and artists mentioned there guys.

I was a big fan of KLF's Chill Out album back in the day Red Sheep. I think it's quite hard to get hold of now.

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - elegantlywasted - 01-26-2018

Roger Waters -- Amused To Death

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - steveio - 01-28-2018

Keaton Henson... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxDvUsZsWDo

Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sQ7cuYgjzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tri0XWbL7Ws&index=2&list=PLDE449F761295774B

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - steveio - 01-29-2018

Keaton Henson.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln3BmBHAJ-c

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - Companero - 02-01-2018

It's always great to rediscover the albums you grew up with - it transports you back to the time when you first heard them. I have a ver eclectic taste in music and it covers a broad spectrum - I'm not a fan of metal or much in the way of classical - I can't bear most contemporary pop either but I'll give any thing else a go.

Bak on topic - last week I dug out Blood Sugar Sex Magic by the Red Hot Chili Peppers - it was one of my favourite albums when it came out but it's memory was a bit marred by a lot of the crap that the band followed it with - it's an exceptionally good album and it stands the test of time.

To the original poster - Achtung Baby is a great album and, for me, the last decent album U2 did - Never got in to Zooropa but I love the track 'Stay; which, for my money, is one of the band's greatest tunes.

RE: Rediscovering Forgotten Albums - sjp01 - 02-03-2018

When looking back at albums from the '70s, there is one that is more or less forgotten. Surprisingly as it was the 1st triple album by a pop/rock artist, secondly as it is the biggest selling album by an ex Beatle and thirdly as one of the tracks became one the biggest selling singles of the decade. I am talking 'All Things Must Past' by George Harrison. It is one of my all time favourites, littered with some fantastic songs like 'What Is Life', 'Awaiting On You All', the title track and of course 'My Sweet Lord'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfUt7HQWM