The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_js - Line: 101 - File: global.php(953) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(953) : eval()'d code 101 errorHandler->error
/global.php 953 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 107 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 107 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 109 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 109 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $bam_announcements - Line: 111 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 111 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_modal - Line: 79 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error

RichieAllen.co.uk Forum
The Future of The Richie Allen Show - Printable Version

+- RichieAllen.co.uk Forum (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.richieallen.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: The Future of The Richie Allen Show (/showthread.php?tid=1828)

The Future of The Richie Allen Show - Steve - 11-02-2020

Any suggestions / ideas / thoughts on this forum as to the way forward?

Message from Richie via FB -

Good morning. Firstly, I never uploaded Sunday View to Podomatic, YouTube etc yesterday, because it was appalling. A throat infection left me barely able to speak, so I rushed through the running order and finished the show in 20 minutes. I deleted it immediately. I should have said something. I'm sorry about that. 

My voice is still pretty rough, so I'm going to rest it today. Otherwise I feel fine, just a bit knackered. However, there's something I need to say, or to share. Before I do though, I want to make it clear that I am not here for your sympathy or your praise. I want neither. This isn't a case of sadfishing. That's what they call it right, when narcissists emote on social media to draw compliments and attract attention? What a cesspool...

I'm not sure if I can carry on producing the radio show in the current climate, for much longer. Something I've always loved doing, has become utterly joyless. For more than six months now, I've been covering Covid and nothing else. It has been tremendously challenging, trying to find fresh angles and approaches, across five live radio shows a week. It's taken a big toll on me. I'm shattered. It feels like I have been having the same conversation over and over and over again. Groundhog Day doesn't come close. And there's no end to it in sight.

Commercial presenters have producers and editors to lighten the load. Typically, a commercial presenter is handed an information sheet by a producer, containing information on the guest(s) and talking points. Most of the work is done for you. In the case of The RA Show, I do it all. It's relentless. Coping with the workload pre Covid, when I was covering a multitude of subjects, was always challenging, but as I said, I loved it. Now it has become a chore, something I have come to resent. Again, I don't want or need your sympathy or your praise. I have no time for that nonsense whatsoever. I'm just levelling with you.

Ironically, if it wasn't for Covid, I'd be on the road now. Plans for a UK tour of small theatres was at a fairly advanced stage last Winter. You'll remember me mentioning this on the show around Christmas last year. That's unlikely to ever happen now. I was looking forward to breaking off from the radio show, to do that and then return to the radio reinvigorated and full of new ideas. Ho hum. Tough sh*t Paddy.

So what's the point of this? That's a fair question. I suppose I'm giving you a heads up really, a bit of notice that one of these days I'm going to get up and decide that's it. There won't be any notice or long goodbyes. That's the way I've always been. Look, I've featured Ivy league scientists, doctors, academics, politicians and businessmen and women, who have pulled apart the government's virus lies. I cannot keep doing that day in and day out. There's nothing left to say, is there?

A respiratory infection that is harmless to the vast majority of people, is being used as the excuse to create a nightmarish world, a technocratic dystopian society, where everything we do is strictly controlled, from cradle to grave. And by everything I mean everything. What you do, what you say, what you think, where you go, who you are with, all of it monitored and controlled by the long-planned social credit model, which can be observed in China now. You know this. I know this. But the question is, how long to sing this song?

I've got some really good guests lined up this week. Beyond that, I don't know. Before doing one (walking away), as they say here in the North West, I would close down the bank/Paypal thingy's. I'll spend the rest of my life in gratitude to those of you who have supported it, believe me. So again and please read this bit carefully, I don't post this for your sympathy or compliments. Please understand that. Nor do I post it, to elicit appeals for me to stick around. I suppose I'm saying that something has to change and when it does, it'll be sudden.
Have a good Monday and join me tomorrow at 5 on the usual channels.