The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 28 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 573 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 573 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $can_access_moderationqueue - Line: 749 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 749 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 889 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 889 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_js - Line: 101 - File: global.php(953) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(953) : eval()'d code 101 errorHandler->error
/global.php 953 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $unreadreports - Line: 107 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 107 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 109 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 109 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $bam_announcements - Line: 111 - File: global.php(956) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(956) : eval()'d code 111 errorHandler->error
/global.php 956 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $myalerts_modal - Line: 79 - File: global.php(1056) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(1056) : eval()'d code 79 errorHandler->error
/global.php 1056 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1449 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1449 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1414 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2953 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 661 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1449 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1449 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 1414 fetch_forum_permissions
/inc/functions.php 2953 forum_permissions
/showthread.php 661 build_forum_jump
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1997 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1997 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 669 mark_thread_read
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$ratings_update_error - Line: 5 - File: showthread.php(772) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(772) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 772 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "profilefield" - Line: 5 - File: inc/functions_post.php(484) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(484) : eval()'d code 5 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 484 eval
/showthread.php 1126 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 672 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 672 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 768 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 768 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 773 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 773 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "newpoints_postbit" - Line: 16 - File: inc/functions_post.php(906) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(906) : eval()'d code 16 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 906 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1568 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1568 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$tyl_send - Line: 34 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1600 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$tyl_remove - Line: 35 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 35 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$tyl_send - Line: 45 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 45 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$tyl_remove - Line: 46 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 46 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 52 - File: showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1600) : eval()'d code 52 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can a generation that has no imagination, really solve this current crisis?
This is my recent Facebook post.

Several weeks ago, while my wife and I were visiting, some of the younger members, of our combined tribe of 12 grandchildren. Whilst we were standing in a yard filled with toys and play equipment of vast quantities. I couldn’t help but think back to a time, when I had a football and a stick to use for a gun (for war) and a spear (for war and the Olympics), in my backyard for entertainment. I don’t want to give the wrong impression about my loving parents, they just told me to go outside and play.
They did let me commandeer, the big cardboard box that our fridge came in. which I proceeded to turn into a space capsule, which took me to the moon and back. Perhaps the missing ingredient, from many of today’s children is an active imagination. The same imagination allowed me to play a full grand final by myself, in front of a huge imaginary crowd. Before you may feel sorry for me and my sad childhood, I had neighbourhood friends come over too and we would often take the stick and a tennis ball out to the street to play cricket between passing cars.
The irony of these modern times was bought home to me some years ago, when on a particular Christmas day, after the expensive presents had been given out. We the parents and Grandparents were sitting out in the backyard and I looked over to see all the new expensive toys laying around, while the kids were having a ball, throwing the wrapping paper at each other. It is not the kids fault by the way but it’s worth considering that along with gifts, we need to impart important life skills, to our children and Grandchildren.

Having made all of these statements about having an imagination, I come to my main topic of this post; this is to do with science and scientists. Older scientists of past times often believed in God, thus they received revelations from him and along with an active imagination, were responsible for many of the inventions we see around us today. Many of the new breed of scientists are atheists, who spend many hours trying to reconstruct the conditions before the big bag, when it never happened. When you think of it many of the gadgets we have today have been around a long while, they have just got smaller and faster but not new. In fact growing up in the 60s and seventies I thought the world of 2020, would be vastly different to this one. 

During this current Covid 19 crisis, ‘Journalists’ whilst interviewing politicians and asking them when, this lock down will end? We hear their reply several times over and over, that they have consulted the scientists and ‘we need to flatten the curve’. What does that actually mean by the way? People, who believe that the Earth is flat, have been trying to do that for a while. Perhaps we need scientists that have an imagination and can think outside the box. Maybe we can ask a scientist that is not reading from the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation, Corona virus world simulation 2015 playbook. I don’t know the answer to this current crisis but I do have a healthy skepticism to much of what I am hearing. These are also my opinions and observations, for what that is worth.

In conclusion neither can I imagine what this is going to be like. 1Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 1Cor 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 
All I know is that this scripture is my portion and that this outcome will be eternal.